Re-Inspection

I found high moisture in a small area of wall under a living room window in a 10 year old house a week ago. I’m going back to a house today. The seller is going to open up the drywall to see if I can tell what the problem is, but even more importantly, what sort of damage, if any, has occurred.

I don’t plan on doing any demo myself but should I have some hold harmless agreement signed by the seller? He’s doing this because I recommended the wall be opened to see what’s going on in there.

Originally posted by Mike Lamb

I found high moisture in a small area of wall under a living room window in a 10 year old house a week ago. I’m going back to a house today. The seller is going to open up the drywall to see if I can tell what the problem is, but even more importantly, what sort of damage, if any, has occurred.

I don’t plan on doing any demo myself but should I have some hold harmless agreement signed by the seller? He’s doing this because I recommended the wall be opened to see what’s going on in there.

I do stuff like this occasionally and it's never occurred to me to have a hold-harmless agreement. Could be that I'm just stupid.

I usually have them open the wall, then I lightly spray the window with a hose. I start low and slowly work my way up. Things become real clear real fast.

It's never been a problem for me, but if a lot of water were to enter the room and flood the floor . . .

- Jim Katen, Oregon

At the beginning of the report I had the seller initial that I was in no way responsible for any clean-up, repair or any other remediaiton associated with my inspection.

Anyway, it all turned out to be uneventful. There was no damage to building materials. Some very minor staining on back of drywall. Some very minor spotting of mold on studs. Everything as dry as a dinosaur bone. I will say that the day before my first inspection on 8/29, we got a very wicked 3â€