WDO Inspection courses in Fl.

• 2 weeks later...

My understanding is that you must be a full-time employee of a pest company in Florida to be licensed. I know that some HI's here do them, but I didn't go there.

Instead, I worked a deal with a local company and sub it out to them. They come while I'm there, give me their report, and I add it to mine. I include a fee for this in my invoice (marked up slightly for admin), and pay the pest company twice a month for all the inspections that they do for me. Not as profitable as doing it myself, but quite legal.

Ray,

Check your WDO arrangement that you just outlined above, because it doesn't meet the State's standards for Licensed WDO Inspections. If you or your company are collecting money for the inspection, then you need to be a card holding member of a Licensed Pest Control Operator. They (State of Florida DACS)have been giving out fines the past couple of years to inspection companies operating in the manner you described.

Have the client pay the Pest Inspector directly, and never add any extra for yourself, if you want to be legal.

Dom.

I have recently aligned myself with a local WDO company. I schedule the inspection for them, they show up and do there thing. I get a piece of the pie after the fact for scheduling. It's more business for them so they are willing to pay me for my scheduling services. If they ever decide to stiff me, I can always align with someone else. No worries.

Originally posted by Home Pride

Ray,

Check your WDO arrangement that you just outlined above, because it doesn't meet the State's standards for Licensed WDO Inspections. If you or your company are collecting money for the inspection, then you need to be a card holding member of a Licensed Pest Control Operator. They (State of Florida DACS)have been giving out fines the past couple of years to inspection companies operating in the manner you described.

Have the client pay the Pest Inspector directly, and never add any extra for yourself, if you want to be legal.

Dom.

Hi to all,

I have to agree with Dom, one of my own membes down here was opperating like that, not only is it illegal for a HI to contract for that work in this state, but also in doing so they would be buying a big chunk of any potential liabilities in this area.

Ther have been several actions taken against HI's doing exactly this.

Regards

Gerry