Gas line sizing

Robert E Lee

The photo below shows a main gas line coming in as a 3/8" pipe, and all of the distribution lines are 1/2". I've not been able to locate a listed requirement, but have always thought that 1/2" was standard for the main supply pipe. Any ideas?

Robert E Lee

GENERAL Home Inspections, Inc

Rochester, MN

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif Gaslines.jpg

8.07 KB

Does everything work? I don't know for sure what the requirements are, but given the fact that the small line is on the supply side of the regulator maybe it's OK.

Higher pressures delivered through small tubing to a regulated low pressure, high volume manifold are pretty common in the machine world.

Originally posted by Robert E Lee

Robert E Lee

GENERAL Home Inspections, Inc

Rochester, MN

How dare you, ah say how dare you sir, take the hallowed ones' name in vain. Yall' are in Minnesota sir, ah say Minnesota, up North. Blaspheme ah say, have you no shame sir?!

Brian G.

Confederate Internet Police Chief [:-batman]

Originally posted by Brian G.

How dare you, ah say how dare you sir, take the hallowed ones' name in vain. Yall' are in Minnesota sir, ah say Minnesota, up North. Blaspheme ah say, have you no shame sir?!

Brian G.

Confederate Internet Police Chief [:-batman]

When did Phogg-horn Legg-horn get promoted to chief? What happened to the little chicken hawk?

Robert,

I never saw a set up like that. In fact, I still don't know what the heck I am looking at there. I would have them call the gas company. That regulator looks like something off of an old gravity solenoid system from the forties and fifties.

George

Hmmm,

You know George, I think you're right. I did a short stint as a heavy equipment mechanic for a factory one time and every one of those LP burning forklift and towmotor engines had a similar regulator. We had 'em on our propane tank in upstate Noo Yawk when I was a kid too.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike