Subject Lines are Important!

ozofprev

I just noticed that the lame titles I used as subject lines - "Excellent article" were immediately changed (by Mike, I suspect) to more descriptive titles.

Then it dawned on me... Those are probably very important to the TIJ search engine.

You probably already figured that out, but if you haven't, we can help TIJ a lot (I reckon) by choosing descriptive titles for our new topics.

I'm shur Bonnys klass will help mee alot.

Exactly right, Gary,

Putting the subject line "Excellent Article" will only net the person searching results if he or she is looking for "Excellent Roofing" or "Roofing Article". Not many of us use those kinds of key words, do we? By putting the word "reroof" in one title and "flashing" in the other, I fixed it so that anyone looking for the words, roofs, reroof, roofing or flashing would find those posts.

OT - OF!!!

M.

Hi,

Bob, it actually does search past the heading. In fact, the search engine is set up in default mode to search the entire message. However, if you have someting related to the subject in the title, you don't have to try and figure out which posts out of hundreds you want to look at. Search for roof in entire message for any date and you'll see what I mean. There's a lot of stuff in there and a whole lot of it is unrelated to roofs because the search engine will grab anything where the letters r.O.o.f. are included in that order - even something with kangaroo fool in the text would get picked up.

So, make it easier on everyone by including something in the title that applies to the gist of the message.

OT - OF!!!

M.