R.E. Pundit Recommends Suing Warranty Companies

hausdok

• 3 weeks later...

I just had a personal confrontation with American Home Shield on a condo. I had bought a listing warranty and the inspection (by a different inspector than my company) noted that the air conditioing was out. I called for service, their contractor stated the condensing unit was dead and would need replacement, he also stated the unit had not been maintatined and on that basis the company denied coverage.

When I challenged this finding they were unwilling to have the contractor contact me, he would not return my calls and the "appeals" department only knew how to say no.

As I am a local newspaper columnist I contacted their PR department and told them I was about to write a very unflattering article about them. They immediately jumped on the issue, sent a different contractor to meet me. The repair to make the unit functional again was a charge of refrigerent.

If I had not had the angle of being a columnist to work from I would have probably would have hired a lawyer.

Ned Dominick, Macon Ga. ASHI