Furnace Ducting

gmanmdg

I have a carrier 58STA090-14 that I would like to install in my basement and use it to just heat my garage. My question is..... Can I restrict the furnace output and input with just ducting going the garage? I will most likey have 2- 12x8 output ducts and 1-12x8 comming from the garage to the basement. Is this enough? and Will the system work?

Thanks Mike

Originally posted by gmanmdg

I have a carrier 58STA090-14 that I would like to install in my basement and use it to just heat my garage. My question is..... Can I restrict the furnace output and input with just ducting going the garage? I will most likey have 2- 12x8 output ducts and 1-12x8 comming from the garage to the basement. Is this enough? and Will the system work?

Thanks Mike

No. Automobile-generatated carbon monoxide can enter the house through such ducts, killing everyone in the house. Please, call an HVAC tech to do this correctly.

Hi,

So, how about when you sell the house, What will you do about it then? See my response to the post you made on the other thread. Wood dust is not only combustible, it's explosive. Touch off a spark in a shop full of wood dust and the vacuum caused as that dust ignites and burns will literally collapse the garage inward. In order to keep the dust down to a safe level, so you don't create an implosive event, you'll need to be running a serious dust removal system. When that's running, it's going to steal combustion air from the furnace and it's going to be burning dirty and wasting fuel.

I honestly don't know why you'd waste your time with this. Now that I know that you want to use it for a woodshop, I'd recommend you install an electric quartz heater at the ceiling and forget about using a gas furnace in that garage/shop.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike