PermaFlow P-Trap

hausdok

Hi Les,

I am not sure if I understand the questions but will attempt to answer as best as I can - let me know if it didn't address your concerns and I will attempt again:

a. The Spindle Knob design (with wiper inside) is not meant to be operated by the water flow - it is a manual knob design and is to be rotated by a human from outside of the PermaFLOW trap.

b. The Knob (connected to the wiper inside) can be rotated with water running or water turned off and requires minimal torque.

c. There is no position of the wiper that can ever block the trap or water flow or cause a seal for the water to flow and therefore there is no possibility of siphon getting created.

d. The beauty of the design is that irrespective of the position at which the wiper is left (12 O' Clock, 3 O' Clock, 6 O' Clock or 9 O' Clock or inbetween anywhere - there is always a path available for the water to flow. This was evaluated by IAPMO based on the Guide Crietria IGC 225-06 and PermaFLOW was UPC certified as well as certified to be IPC and IRC compliant.

e. I didn't understand the local authority having jurisdiction part well enough. As I see it - as long as local Plumbing Board conformms to or follows either UPC or IPC or IRC, they should have no issues with PermaFLOW.

Hi Joe,

You are right - I didn't state correctly. However - to clarify - we are selling units and have sold several hundred over last one year and have not heard of any complains from anyone (assumption is that if someone purchased the PermaFLOW - that he/she would have installed it and would contact us in case of a problem)

The product is really a well designed robust product and it would be great of you all considered ordering one and use it your home to really appreciate the design, features and the value proposition. It is available at the website www.permaflow.com

Closer than I think I want to be.......[8D]

I'd like to thank Sanjay for coming in here & talking to us about his product, and enduring our little jabs & snipes good naturedly; it's the mark of a professional, and I greatly appreciate your time & knowledge. You are a good guy. I am going to consider this carefully, and mention it to customers should the situation warrant this sort of component.

Industry involvement in TIJ is a great thing.

Thanks again [:-thumbu].

All,

Thanks to everyone for allowing me to address a few of the concerns and taking my inputs positively. I do know that this forum is for community of experienced inspectors but felt that it may be worthwhile to share some of the knowledge related to PermaFLOW design, testing, certification and performance. It is a good product and with appropriate support it can be of value to a lot of homes, apartment and commercial property owners and maintenance companies. It is still new and not yet available in Retail Stores (it takes time to get through the processes) and therefore not yet seen by a lot of people. It has been show cased at the K/BIS, BIS, ISH and Orgill shows and has been one of the most talked about products.

For participants of this forum, who would like to try out the product, I am putting a discount code on the web store - please use the code SAVE at the time of checkout and select 3 PermaFLOW units in the cart and you will be charged only for two and will also get free ground shipping. I will leave this code functional until Dec 31st. This is not a sales pitch but a sincere effort to try and get some of you to actually try the product and evaluate it for yourself.

If someone needs additional information - please do not hesitate to contact me either through the forum or directly at 1-877-265-9777 or sales@pfwaterworks.

Thanks again and I hope you all Great Holiday Season.....Regards...Sanjay

Sanjay,

Thank you again. You answered my questions. The website video was difficult for me to view in full size, consequently my questions.

Kurt hit the nail on the head - inspectors need to have opportunity to discuss products. Helps quash inspector lore. Besides that, I feel confident Sanjay would respond to any inquiry I have and that give ME an inside route for factual info.

• 2 weeks later...

Hrmm, I have a question for ya. I see how the permaflow evacuated the carrots peels. But couldn't that cause problems further down the line? Especially since most people don't put that amount down the drain at once, the permaflow will trap all sorts of junk over time letting the amount build up. Then when you rotate the dial and clean out the permaflow, the obstruction, en mass goes down the plumbing lines. I would think that would cause a greater chance of clogs further down the line. I see that you can snake through the permaflow, which is good, but I was just wondering if there has been any indication of more clogs after the permaflow unit than usual.

Originally posted by sepefrio

Hrmm, I have a question for ya. I see how the permaflow evacuated the carrots peels. But couldn't that cause problems further down the line? Especially since most people don't put that amount down the drain at once, the permaflow will trap all sorts of junk over time letting the amount build up. Then when you rotate the dial and clean out the permaflow, the obstruction, en mass goes down the plumbing lines. I would think that would cause a greater chance of clogs further down the line. I see that you can snake through the permaflow, which is good, but I was just wondering if there has been any indication of more clogs after the permaflow unit than usual.

Good Question - however based on our testing and experience the answer is 'Not at All' - First of All - Let me CLarify that the test was performed only to demonstrate the capabilities and effectiveness of the PermaFLOW. It is not normal to have such significant amount of carrot peels thrown down the drain without going through garbage disposal.

PermaFLOW actually helps reduce the potential clogging downstream because it generates significant turbulence due to its design (3-4 times the velocity of water coming in) and therefore breaks and propels debris thereby reducing the probability of getting a clog downstream. In the test PermaFLOW didn't push the carrot peels - it only cleared the path and they flowed out with the water.

Unlike a conventional P-Trap where the build-up of clog can't be seen and wouldn't allow the debris to move freely with the water, PermaFLOW is Transparent so the buildup is seen continually and therefore rotating the pedal as part of routing preventive maintenance will continually clean out any build up thereby keeping the trap clean and free of debris.

As I understand, usually, the clogs downstream of P-Trap are generally preceded by clogs in the trap and potentially result from the pushing of the clogged debris into the downstream with the use of drain chemicals, plunging, snaking etc.

The best situation for a home owner is to never let debris buildup in the trap itself and have the water flowing freely through the drain pipes - which is what the PermaFLOW will help achieve since with its operation, it won't allow the debris to buildup and ever become a clog.

Just for reference - PermaFLOW was installed in a high traffic restaurant close to a year back and the owner tells us that he used to call for plumbing service every two weeks to clean out the P-Traps and has not had to call one since the installation of PermaFLOW.

Please do let me know if you need more info....Regards...Sanjay

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I saw the PermaFlow p trap listed in today's USA Weekend Sunday insert as part of a "future now" article. I went to the website and was going to bite for my vanity sink that is a constant source of frustration with four girls using it. The $40 price was steep, but the $11 UPS ground shipping put it out of reach. Can it possibly be worth $51????

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by billydoo

I saw the PermaFlow p trap listed in today's USA Weekend Sunday insert as part of a "future now" article. I went to the website and was going to bite for my vanity sink that is a constant source of frustration with four girls using it. The $40 price was steep, but the $11 UPS ground shipping put it out of reach. Can it possibly be worth $51????

Hi Bill,

The PermaFLOW comes with free shipping if you select the USPS Priority Mail optionf or shipping. UPS is more expensive and is the cost is claculated directly by UPS based on street address.