I want to be a Weatherman!

chrisprickett

I have The Weather Channel local forecast on my homepage. I was told there might be rain this weekend, so I took a look. Here's The Official Weather Channel weekend forecast for the Phoenix metro (Maricopa County) area:

Friday: Intervals of clouds and sunshine. High near 65F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph.

Saturday: Mostly cloudy. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the mid 50s.

Sunday: Clouds giving way to sun . Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the mid 40s. id="blue">

Pretty harmless, huh? Here's what the National Weather Service is forecasting for the same time period:

"SEVERE WEATHER ALERT" A MAJOR STORM SYSTEM CURRENTLY OFF THE CENTRAL CALIFORNIA COAST WILL MOVE INLAND OVER THE WEEKEND...BRINGING WET WEATHER TO SOUTHWEST AND

SOUTH-CENTRAL ARIZONA AND SOUTHEAST CALIFORNIA. A STRONG SOUTHERLY FLOW AHEAD OF THIS SYSTEM WILL TRANSPORT SIGNIFICANT MOISTURE NORTHWARD...INCREASING THE CHANCE FOR RAIN FROM WEST TO EAST ACROSS THE REGION SATURDAY AND SUNDAY. DUE TO MOIST SOIL CONDITIONS FROM EARLIER

STORMS THIS WINTER...LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL WILL LIKELY RESULT IN AREAS OF FLASH FLOODING AND ROCK AND MUD SLIDES...ESPECIALLY OVER NORTHEAST MARICOPA AND SOUTHERN GILA COUNTIES LATE SATURDAY NIGHT

THROUGH SUNDAY.

I don't know if I should carry a sweater or build an ark!