From my copy of the installation instructions:

"A MANABLOC system, which has

valves on all of the outlet ports, does not

require stop valves at the fixtures.

However, the Authority Having

Jurisdiction (AHJ) may require stop

valves at some fixtures".

rfarrel,

Manabloc is a central water distribution manifold for use with PEX lines. It was designed from the concept of electric distribution panels with seperate hot and cold home runs to each fixture.

I have only seen this type set up in commercial establishments. I havn't ever encountered this in residential. It must be quite a bit higher priced than the typical methods.

When I worked in a lab at a pharmaceutical company years ago, the main purified water source piping was obviously high grade stainless steel, but the supply lines off of the main piping utilized this type of system.

Sorry for the thread drift. Just wanted to comment on this system. I am going to read up on this type set up. I doubt I ever have to inspect anything like this around where I am, but it never hurts to have some background knowledge anyway. Pretty cool system.

Donald,

Thanks for the enlightenment. I believe I found a PEX piping system in a new house in an outlying area a couple of years back. I don't remember seeing the manifold system. I think it was assembled like a traditional piping system. It's always good to find out about what may be up and coming. The plumbers will keep this out of the mainstream as long as possible around here.

peace out

• 7 months later...
Originally posted by rfarrell

Donald,

Thanks for the enlightenment. I believe I found a PEX piping system in a new house in an outlying area a couple of years back. I don't remember seeing the manifold system. I think it was assembled like a traditional piping system. It's always good to find out about what may be up and coming. The plumbers will keep this out of the mainstream as long as possible around here.

peace out

Just so there's no confusion, Pex does not usually come with the Manabloc distribution system. It generally does not. I've done about 1,000 residential inspections that had Pex and none had Manabloc.

Does the Pex also come in red(hot) and blue(cold). In the manabloc picture it looks like a grey color plastic pipe. I do Interim inspections for a large Bank and I see this on all levels of homes. It also seems to like the manifold set-up is more of a metallic pot metal loking stuff. They do have individual shut-offs at the manifold on the systems I've seen here.

Buster