Jump to content

approved for this?


Recommended Posts

Originally posted by inspecthistoric

What is it venting? Is it SS or alum.?

Some flex liner manufacturers require the liner have a "base tee" for the flue connection. Some require an "A" connector w/gasket at the joint between the flue connector and liner. Insulated liners are preferred.

Thank's Bill,

Can't tell What flavor it is but, I googled flex liners and understand what I'm looking at now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From that pic, it appears that the flue material is the same stuff you use as a dryer vent. The HVAC supply houses sell that same material in many diameters, 6,8,10,12 and so on. I only say that because I see little dings in the side of the flexible pipe in the pic. If not that it may be a fresh air duct manufactured by Z flex. I bring this to light for safety, hope I'm wrong.

That does not look like a flue liner.

http://www.novaflex.com/productcart/pc/ ... roduct=396

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Terence McCann

Do you know if the liner runs the entire length of the chimney Gary?


It didn't dawn on me until Bill gave me a clue.

ES, I don't know. I don't Think so. This is a college town. It's also a small town. They tend to beat nonconforming landlords asses hard here. They do annual inspections. A 23 year old's flat screen was in the way of the fireplace . I love tennants for the info but.... I Just want have to get Right. You know. Oh sorry, it's a duplex circa 1930


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...