Whirlpool tub installation.

DonTx

The guy read that the tub should be set on a mortar bed...he tried to follow directions.

The cardboard doesn't bother me much. He used it to keep the epoxy from running while it was curing. I'd write it, but if the rim of the sink is epoxied to that counter Don and I could both stand in it. I know, I know, Don and I wouldn't both fit in the sink and it's not healthy to think about the visual.

I'm not sure it was epoxy, looked more like liquid nails to me. Besides, Kohler says it doesn't want adhesives or adhesive sealants used on its china. [:-thumbd] You'd think for 1.3 mil you could find someone who can read instructions.

Pity the fool that tries to remove those sinks if they ever have problems! [:-scared]

We actually had fun inspecting this home. We found 119 marble tile on the 1st level that had no thin set below them. Some were already loose.

The agent stopped by and once we showed her the difference, she wanted to help so we gave her a golf ball. Soon all three of us were sounding the tile and the builder shows up. He had a stunned look on his face when he walked in. Nice guy, but he didn't offer to stay around and help us. I told him I had more golf balls if he wanted to stay and help, but he declined.

Donald

I used to use a golf ball to sound ceramic floor tiles and marble. One day I missed the center of the tile and hit the slightly raised edge of the tile instead. The ball went off at a sharp angle and almost shattered an priceless heirloom sitting on a nearby coffee table. I now use a wood broom stick.

NORM SAGE

In new homes when I only have a few places with tile I'll grab a clothes rod out of a closet and use it. On large areas I can cover more with a golf ball. As Norm stated, you gotta be careful with the slices.

I'd forgotten about the chain. That's something I might try in the future.

Donald