Mounting Condenser to Slab

NorthFLAC

I've been asked to provide a drawing showing how my company is going to mount a condenser to the ground for a job. I cannot find this drawing for the life of me, or even how to go about getting it. We will be mounting a Bally BEHA010E6 condensing unit to the ground. I have the drawings for the unit itself, but not how we are going to screw that sucker into the ground. If anyone can help, at least point in the right direction, that would be great.

I've been asked to provide a drawing showing how my company is going to mount a condenser to the ground for a job. I cannot find this drawing for the life of me, or even how to go about getting it. We will be mounting a Bally BEHA010E6 condensing unit to the ground. I have the drawings for the unit itself, but not how we are going to screw that sucker into the ground. If anyone can help, at least point in the right direction, that would be great.

Have you thought about contacting the manufacturer to see how they might recommend doing this?

Many units have a flange that runs around the base, I would assume Bally has the same. It might show up in a schematic drawing of the unit. I have seen some that were screwed into their concrete pad with Tapcon screws.

Keep in mind that the unit does not go on the ground. It has to go on a pad, preferably concrete that is 3" above grade.

We arent worried about HOW to do this, we already know how to do it, we just need to show the local building department a drawing on how it is mounted. They just need a decent drawing to show for hurricane standards. We are going to the pad route as well. The manufacturer has been slow to answer my questions, and the inspector is asking faster than the manufacturer is answering.

We arent worried about HOW to do this, we already know how to do it, we just need to show the local building department a drawing on how it is mounted. They just need a decent drawing to show for hurricane standards. We are going to the pad route as well. The manufacturer has been slow to answer my questions, and the inspector is asking faster than the manufacturer is answering.

Good luck!

Call Bally and ask them if they have any stock submittal sheets for this unit. The submittals might include some single-page shop drawings that show the mounting method.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Call Bally and ask them if they have any stock submittal sheets for this unit. The submittals might include some single-page shop drawings that show the mounting method.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Stock submittals are bare bone for the most part, but I will take a look, thanks.

As far as getting the pad to the ground we usually use Red Heads, or epoxy.