intertherm heater

russ in ar

I have an Intertherm EBH 300 that has the smell of a leak. Do they make a 2'er anymore or do I need to get a 3' replacement? Do I need a new thermostat with the new unit? Also I have an EBH 1350 that stopped putting out heat. I turned it off and took of the covers, everthing looking fine, replaced the covers. Works fine now. Do I have an impending problem in my future? Help anyone? Thanks

I have an Intertherm EBH 300 that has the smell of a leak. Do they make a 2'er anymore or do I need to get a 3' replacement? Do I need a new thermostat with the new unit? Also I have an EBH 1350 that stopped putting out heat. I turned it off and took of the covers, everthing looking fine, replaced the covers. Works fine now. Do I have an impending problem in my future? Help anyone? Thanks

What does it mean, "The smell of a leak?" Are you smelling glycol or are you smelling warmed up dust from an infrequently used heater?

In my experience Intertherm heaters work very well for a long time. Then they die.

- Jim Katen, Oregon