Grey Sanitary Line?

mgbinspect

Today I inspected a house about 56 miles out in the boonies.

When I entered the crawl space, grey plastic drain lines caught my eye and my immediate temptation was to assume it was either pipe rated for electrical conduit or central vacuum. But when I crawled up to it I noticed in the printed info "PVC" and "DWV".

So now I am more inclined to conclude I've just lived a sheltered life and have never seen this stuff, but it's legitimate. The male / female connections seemed deeper than I'm used to seeing by to to three times the depth.

Since I'm about to sit and write this monstrocity, I'd love to KNOW as opposed to assume that this is legit sanitary line.

So, I cast this out amongst the brain trust. Has anyone seen grey (about the color of PB pipe) PVC drain and waste line? It's a new one on me.

Thanks in advance for the confirmation.

Mike

Scott, as I said the male / female fittings really visually resembled electrical conduit because one fit within the other so deeply with no threads. It felt heavier than central vacuum pipe, but certainly no heavier than typical PVC drain line - maybe even slightly lighter? So, based upon the "DWV" it's pretty safe to assume it's an appropriate material for the use?

This was the typical mid-sixties country house - a patchwork quilt of various materials...

Scott, as I said the male / female fittings really visually resembled electrical conduit because one fit within the other so deeply. So, based upon the "DWV" it's pretty safe to assume it's an appropriate material for the use?

This was the typical mid-sixties country house - a patchwork quilt of various materials...

I don't see any problem with it.