EIFS & windows

Tom Raymond

Hi,

I just had one of those. I'm writing it up now. They bumped out the family room right over the sidewalk and then caulked the hell out of the joint between the walk and the trim so that no air whatsoever could get under there. I can only imagine all of the nasties developing in that petri dish of a situation.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

In the second pic you can see mold on the pleated shade inside. The double hung frames are trimmed into the EIFS but they're wrong too, just not as wrong as the picture window bedded into it right up to and over the glazing stop. To make matters worse, the interior is finished of with a seat board that is hinged for closed storage below the windows, so it's wet and there is zero air movement to help dry it out.

Tom

Yes. The side windows are double hung and the EIFS is butt to the frames, but there are no capillary breaks or head flashings, they aren't even caulked. The fixed window frame is completely incased and the finish coat is actually applied over the glazing stop. Not only is the run off directed behind the EIFS, one would have to cut it back an inch or more on all four sides to service the glass.

Tom