Question for 3D users

Do you mean something like:

1. Good.... Hey, this thing is good to go and is working fine.

2. Fair.... Item is working or performing but is old and it might need repairs or replacement soon.

3. Poor.... Needs repair or replacement.

I use the Good, Fair and Poor when I do multi-family housing but not on single family homes.

2. Fair.... Item is working or performing but is old and it might need repairs or replacement soon.

I use the Good, Fair and Poor when I do multi-family housing but not on single family homes.

Yep, that's what I mean.

Why multi-family but not single Scott?

Actually, our State (Wisconsin) SOP requires that certain areas of the home be "rated" either Satisfactory or Unsatisfactory in some manner of reporting, ie: Roofing, Foundation and other major structural systems.

Just another portion of the "Do Not Miss" area in basic Home Inspection here.

I have found by doing this that I am continually using asterisks listing pending repairs to correct any defficiencies in these areas so buyers understand that it may or may not be a big deal.

Randy

Yep, that's what I mean.

Why multi-family but not single Scott?

With multi-family I have found it quicker and most of the time the client just wants to know what they need to expect down the road. All they really care about is deferred maintenance items, or how much money are they going to need to spend in the next year or two...

With a single family home I want to spend more time telling my client what is going on with the item and or home.

You can watch the video here Marc.

You can go into Report Writer and look for Resdiential Check Style Extended Ratings for an example too.

Interesting. I don't have that feature on my version of 3d, but I could perhaps use it as a 'category' function rather than 'Rating'. Maybe I'll budget for an upgrade.

Thanks for the heads up Terry,

Marc

You can watch the video here Marc.

You can go into Report Writer and look for Residential Check Style Extended Ratings for an example too.

Interesting. I don't have that feature on my version of 3d, but I could perhaps use it as a 'category' function rather than 'Rating'. Maybe I'll budget for an upgrade.

Thanks for the heads up Terry,

Marc

So if you go to Custom Form Studio and right click on one of the forms, in the far left column, you don't see the option to "Modify Ratings"?

I'm using the Premiere version but I thought "ratings" were in all versions. Learn something new everyday.

Not sure if adding the check boxes will make it too busy.

Terry, I think it would be too busy to have a combination of narrative and check ratings. I use 3D and use the narrative exclusively.

I think you're right Neil and I'm leaning in that direction. Just exploring some ways to make it standout some more.

A narrative report will stand on its own but I can't see how you can have just a ratings report with out at least some narration. I'm afraid that I would click the "OK' box but then still need to say it was operational. An exercise in redundancy.

I was thinking more along the lines of criteria for the findings, such as defect (ex: broken outlet cover), adverse condition, immediate attention (ex: missing panel cover w/exposed voltages), FYI, etc.

My mind has been on that topic ever since the Kevin O'Hornett thread recently.

Marc