A Skylight Repair at the Clampett Estate

mgbinspect

Click to Enlarge
tn_20108423728_DSCN9836.jpg

67.13 KB

"Jethro, come up out of the ceement pond and fix that skylight like I told you to so the listing agent can say it ain't leakin'!"

"Gee paw, Daisy and I fixed it yesterday. You didn't even look...

Click to Enlarge
tn_201084231131_DSCN9873.jpg

28.26 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_201084231249_DSCN9890.jpg

53.06 KB

I don't know... is it just me or does this seem like a lot of work when you can get these lenses in the box for about $150.00. Of course, maybe it was Mr. Drysdale's idea. Yeah, that's the ticket.

This was one of those homes where every repair and improvement de-valued the house...

I bet the knuckle head that fixed it is the same one that thought an acrylic dome was a good investment in the first place. A Velux fixed skylight and flashing kit is only about 1 1/2 times the cost of those silly plastic bubbles. If the installer follows the directions a Velux light won't leak. The plastic bubbles are designed to leak.

I guess it's up to me to point out that there wasn't a character on The Beverly Hillbillies named Daisy. (She was on the Dukes Of Hazzard. Different redneck clan.) The nubile character on TBH was Ellie May. (Mae?)

But the skylight "repair" is still classic.

Gasp! You're right, but hey, Daisy, Ellie, All I know is SHE WAS HOT! Call her anything but late for lunch...