Condo Conditioned Crawlspaces - Ventilation?

whatever419

As far as I know, the board isn't trying to "weasel out of resposibility" and they haven't cried "volunteer." I am just stating a fact: at the annual meeting it was very hard to get enough people to volunteer to be on the board - and I didn't offer to join. I have urged my wife to join. She says she has enough to do keeping me out of trouble.

I have done more than enough yelling in my life & am trying to be calmer. I have no power to "stop the presses" and have no intention of hiring a lawyer.

I believe my actions so far have moved things in a better direction. They know more about what is required and there will be an official inspection. The inspector I have been in touch with has been helpful and seems quite competent. He wrote recently,

"As I stated in the last note, some of these items have been pulled from the Indiana Residential Code, as the Indiana Building Code is silent on the matter of sealed conditioned crawlspaces and this is the only place in code that I could find information on the subject. The reason that I felt I needed to consult the residential code is that crawlspaces are far more complex than simply how they can be modified to conserve energy, and in my opinion, moisture issues are just as important as they can cause costly damage in the long term."
Looks to me like there is at least one head screwed on right. Also, there is evidence that the management company is now heading in the right direction.

I hope to pig out tomorrow and fagetabout dis for awhile. Cheers!

Do the furnaces use gas for combustion? If the crawlspaces are to become plenums has anyone checked for exposed wiring that now has to be plenum rated? Gas line in a plenum?

Will openings between units be sealed to create a firewall? We had a fire at an old motel converted into businesses lately. Half the building burned down due to a lack of a firewall between units.

Just thinking out loud.