The sales pitches you get

Darren

I just hung up the phone with a marketing person.

Seems the local paper is adding a pull-out section advertising local businesses.

It seems they also have a web-site where consumers can search/request contractors for specific work. Here's the pitch-

"We have been getting 140-160 hits per week looking for building inspections in Morris county. I just got off the phone with a home inspector from out of this area and he says he's doing 2 inspections a day 7 days a week."

At this point I stopped him.

'Somebody's not telling the truth here; 2 inspections a day..."

at which he chimed in:

"Are you saying somebody's lying?"

'Well, somebody's not telling the truth; but I know my numbers don't lie"

Now I know things are really tough out there, but to actually think a salesman thinks someone is going to believe his crap?

I just hung up the phone with a marketing person.

Seems the local paper is adding a pull-out section advertising local businesses.

It seems they also have a web-site where consumers can search/request contractors for specific work. Here's the pitch-

"We have been getting 140-160 hits per week looking for building inspections in Morris county. I just got off the phone with a home inspector from out of this area and he says he's doing 2 inspections a day 7 days a week."

At this point I stopped him.

'Somebody's not telling the truth here; 2 inspections a day..."

at which he chimed in:

"Are you saying somebody's lying?"

'Well, somebody's not telling the truth; but I know my numbers don't lie"

Now I know things are really tough out there, but to actually think a salesman thinks someone is going to believe his crap?

Darren,

It may have been me. When I get sales calls like that I tell them that I am too busy to take on any more work. [^]

When I first started out I fell for the sales pitches in which I was recommended by a certain office to advertise in their company magazine. The salesperson led me to believe that it was important to participate in the company publication. I later found out that it was an outside company and NOTHING was impacted except my pocket and the cost of the ad.

We live and learn.

When I first started out I fell for the sales pitches in which I was recommended by a certain office to advertise in their company magazine. The salesperson led me to believe that it was important to participate in the company publication. I later found out that it was an outside company and NOTHING was impacted except my pocket and the cost of the ad.

We live and learn.

I fell for that crap too years ago. I spent $500.00 to put an ad in one of those 'folders' years ago. Funny (sad) part was, any referrals I got from that office stopped after I paid for the ad.