Decisions, Decisions

I've been scouring the 'net following the 2011 CES, in an attempt to find "THE" tablet PC that will suit all of my needs/desires.

Here's what I'm looking for:

Windows 7 based OS

Solid State Drive at least 64GB

SD Card Expansion Slots

3G capable (preinstalled card option, as opposed to having to go the USB adapter route)

And finally, I want it to have a rear facing camera (similar to how the HP Slate 500 is configured)

I just mentioned the HP Slate 500. At present, it's my top pick, but unfortunately, it doesn't have built in 3G.

Has anyone used the HP Slate 500? Any issues with the 8.1" screen size? I'm fully accustomed to looking at and using my iPhone 4 extensively, so I don't anticipate having issues, although I've never used HI software on a small tablet screen.

Any one know of a slate/tablet that is configured with what I'm looking for? My budget is in the $1000 - $1200 range.

Much thanks.

The monitor on my Gateway Tablet PC just went out over the weekend. While pondering a solution, I spoke with a friend of mine who's a computer professor at UL Lafayette about buying a new laptop. He said that Asus & Toshiba currently have the lowest failure rate in newly delivered equipment at 15%. On the other extreme are HP/Compaq at 26%. Sony, Dell and Apple took the mid-range failure rate at 16 - 18%.

That's not all. Next to me on my desk is a defective remanufactured HP Officejet Pro 8500. I've been without a functional All in One for 8 weeks now and this one is the third one sent to me by HP in that time (it's still within the 12 months factory warranty). All three remanufactured units were defective right out of the box. They promised to overnight a new unit 6 days ago but I haven't seen it yet and they give excuses when my wife calls them.

Marc