A little off the sides please...

mgbinspect

I like the weepholes and through-wall flashing.

That's how the building department insists it be done, but the unsightliness of it drives me nuts. [:-weepn]

(We always used to install that very flashing in conjunction with weeps, but we held it back about a 1/4" from the face of the bed joint, which I always thought looked far better and accomplished the same thing. Apparently, it's become a lack of trust issue between builders and inspection departments - sad..)

That's how the building department insists it be done, but the unsightliness of it drives me nuts. [:-weepn]

(We always used to install that very flashing in conjunction with weeps, but we held it back about a 1/4" from the face of the bed joint, which I always thought looked far better and accomplished the same thing. Apparently, it's become a lack of trust issue between builders and inspection departments - sad..)

The flashing is required to extend to the exterior. Holding it back 1/4" does not acheive the same thing.

The flashing is required to extend to the exterior. Holding it back 1/4" does not acheive the same thing.

That's what I hear, I'm just not sure I buy it. Even when it comes all the way through, it still has a ton of material on it - a lot of compression. So, I'm not able to imagine an appreciable difference - splitting hairs, IMHO. [:-wiltel]

Believe it or not, the 1/4" deal used to be the standard detail even in government work - schools, prisons, etc. This hanging it all out deal is relatively new around her.

It's a personal thing. I just don't like it - ugly...

That's what I hear, I'm just not sure I buy it. Even when it comes all the way through, it still has a ton of material on it - a lot of compression. So, I'm not able to imagine an appreciable difference - splitting hairs, IMHO. [:-wiltel]

Believe it or not, the 1/4" deal used to be the standard detail even in government work - schools, prisons, etc. This hanging it all out deal is relatively new around her.

It doesn't have to hang out. It just has to come to the surface.

It doesn't have to hang out. It just has to come to the surface.

OK, I can live with that. I just invision Thomas Jefferson coming back to ask, "What's that?" [:-tophat]