So, the legend is true?

tbird

Thanks a lot, now I'm gonna spend the rest of my life crapping into a five gallon bucket and then emptying it into a toilet while I'm armed.

Don't worry, Mike. If Mr. Rattus is still alive, you'll hear his little cries for help before you get too comfortable on the throne. [:)]

You know it's a crappy house when the rats are trying to swim the sewer pipe to freedom. [:)]

• 3 weeks later...

My father was a Doc in the California foothills around Nevada City and up to Downeyville (sp). Some of his "funniest" stories were of patients that were hit by black widows while sitting on either the toilet or more commonly the outhoust pot. He said that these guys would literally beg him to "put them out of their misery" while laying in the hospital. Just picture a scrotum the size of a softball and you will get the idea!!

• 4 months later...

Black Widows aren't what I fear. I remember in the eighth grade, our science teacher was bitten by a brown Recluse. I live in Dallas fyi, and we have both the black widow and the brown recluse. Back to my teacher, he was bitten but was unable to identify the spider. Brown Recluses are easy to identify, a violin looking design on the top of their thorax. They also have a weird eye pattern, three pairs of eyes evenly spaced apart. Their bite can be extremely painful if it is not treated or is left unattended. For my teacher, this meant a skin ulcer the size of medium sand dollar. It took almost 8 months to heal, and return to normal. I don't want to scare you too much though, as this case is rare and often the side effects associated with the bites are less severe. Still, I'm going to have to side with Harry Reid on this one NIMBY! ( Not In My Back Yard haha.)

Black Widows aren't what I fear. I remember in the eighth grade, our science teacher was bitten by a brown Recluse. I live in Dallas fyi, and we have both the black widow and the brown recluse. Back to my teacher, he was bitten but was unable to identify the spider. Brown Recluses are easy to identify, a violin looking design on the top of their thorax. They also have a weird eye pattern, three pairs of eyes evenly spaced apart. Their bite can be extremely painful if it is not treated or is left unattended. For my teacher, this meant a skin ulcer the size of medium sand dollar. It took almost 8 months to heal, and return to normal. I don't want to scare you too much though, as this case is rare and often the side effects associated with the bites are less severe. Still, I'm going to have to side with Harry Reid on this one NIMBY! ( Not In My Back Yard haha.)

Yep,

I know all to well about the brown recluse. About ten years ago, maybe longer - can't remember the date that well, I did a crawlspace that had an over-population of those big gray wolf spiders. They and their webs don't really bother me; I just push past them and if they get squished they get squished - most of the time they take off as soon as they sense the vibrations. The wolf spiders should have been the tell, since they are the only natural predator of the brown recluse here, according to Prof. Antonelli at Wa State Dept of Agri, but I didn't give them much thought.

After I collected my check and was driving down the road, I suddenly felt a burning hot sting in the center of my back. I pulled over, jumped out of the truck, pulled out my shirt tail and started shaking out what I thought was a wasp trapped under my shirt. Didn't see anything, so I got back in the truck. A couple of miles later my vision started to blur and I started seeing double. I went to the nearest emergency room. By then I had a splitting headache and felt like I was going to pass out. The doctors compared what they were looking at to some kind of photographic flip book and concluded that I'd been bitten by a brown recluse. They gave me a shot of something and put me on a drip thingy and a while later I was back to normal with a hangover and a nasty itchy spot on my back that never really healed. For weeks I had the sensation 24/7 of someone raking dry fingernails across my back. After about a month the spot on my back still hadn't healed and they were talking about cutting it out. They gave it some more time though and it eventually healed on its own. Now that spot doesn't have any feeling.

Not a nice experience.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike