Interior Drain Tile in Finished Basement

What are your experiences with interior drain tiles?

This basement is 90% finished with sheet rock walls.

It would seem even though the dimpled plastic at the perimeter should direct water down into the drain tile, rising moisture vapor is going to do bad things behind the drywall.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2012370405_080.jpg

43.65?KB

What are your experiences with interior drain tiles?

This basement is 90% finished with sheet rock walls.

It would seem even though the dimpled plastic at the perimeter should direct water down into the drain tile, rising moisture vapor is going to do bad things behind the drywall.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2012370405_080.jpg

43.65?KB

Mmm. A radon chimney.

As you know, that's standard in our area. I find them where they're just fine, and also as mold farms.

This is one of the times I use boilerplate to describe bad building science. I explain that I cant know without tearing it out, and it might be years before there is a problem, or not. I give them the link to Joe L's bsmt. finish study.

Radon, sure. But that's easy to test for and fix if it's a problem. Which it rarely is around here.

Thanks.

Around my side of town I don't see many interior drain tiles. Nearly all post 1960 homes have an exterior drain tile and I see interior ones very occasionally in old basements as a last effort desperation fix for seepage problems.

This home was a gut job with all new finished walls and the idea of allowing water past the foundation seems a recipe for disaster. I guess I'll have to go along with it may or may not work with an edge towards I don't like it.