mortar bed demo

Smashed the cast iron tub to bits and chucked it out the window. Piece of cake with a tad of sweat.

On to the mortar bed. Well, they put a crap load of roofing nails through the lath before they put the bed in. This is making it a very labor intense task. I'll get it done but not without some significant back pain. Bust and pry and bust and pry. I guess there's not really and easier way.

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif P1240642.JPG

1503.23 KB

Smashed the cast iron tub to bits and chucked it out the window. Piece of cake with a tad of sweat.

On to the mortar bed. Well, they put a crap load of roofing nails through the lath before they put the bed in. This is making it a very labor intense task. I'll get it done but not without some significant back pain. Bust and pry and bust and pry. I guess there's not really and easier way.

Go to your local high school and hire a couple of burly young misfits at $10 per hour.

The house use to have a wall hung toilet. I had previously put a 12" rough in and installed the more usual floor mounted toilet. You can see the floor rough in in the foreground.

I need to cut out the wall hung rough in and toilet hanger brackets before I close up the walls.

Why did you abandon the wall hung toilet? I love those things.

The house use to have a wall hung toilet. I had previously put a 12" rough in and installed the more usual floor mounted toilet. You can see the floor rough in in the foreground.

I need to cut out the wall hung rough in and toilet hanger brackets before I close up the walls.

Why did you abandon the wall hung toilet? I love those things.

It had the worst flushing power of any toilet and it used too much water. Hi incidence of bowl overflow with this combination.

Also, it had an odd shaped bowl so replacing the seat/lid was a special order item. I think I paid $75 for the last one but that was pre internet (in my houshold).