Crack in stucco. Concern or not?

macavoy

Hello,

Im an appraiser and am curious if you guys would have any concerns with the attached picture?? Cracked stucco. Im guessing its just the stucco and not an inicator of something else?? The windows/doors showed no other cracks and I had no trouble opening doors. I see hairline cracks alot on stucco but this is a bit thicker. Thank you.

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif Picture 9095.jpg

381.91 KB

Originally posted by macavoy

Hello,

Im an appraiser and am curious if you guys would have any concerns with the attached picture?? Cracked stucco. Im guessing its just the stucco and not an inicator of something else?? The windows/doors showed no other cracks and I had no trouble opening doors. I see hairline cracks alot on stucco but this is a bit thicker. Thank you.

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif Picture 9095.jpg

381.91 KB

I do a ton of inspections in Surprise. Because of the location of the crack, it's likely from a combination of a stress crack from the corner of the window, and vibration of the coolant line. If I saw that on an inspection, I'd check for signs of moisture intrusion, and if there was none, I'd recommend sealing it. If there's no active moisture issue, and there are not a bunch more like it, it's no big deal.

• 4 months later...
Originally posted by macavoy

Hello,

Im an appraiser and am curious if you guys would have any concerns with the attached picture?? Cracked stucco. Im guessing its just the stucco and not an inicator of something else?? The windows/doors showed no other cracks and I had no trouble opening doors. I see hairline cracks alot on stucco but this is a bit thicker. Thank you.Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif Picture 9095.jpg

381.91 KB

That looks like a paperback lath crack!!! This happens when the lath and paper are cut on the same line and it does not let the stucco key to all the lath!

http://www.badstucco.com/improperprep/p ... %20032.htm

Hope this helps!

Did you click on them? I by no means am a photographer! And I am limited with the computer! I thought they would get the pointe across I was trying to make. An (example) I have spent way to much time playing in the mud!!!!! I married into the trade I should have found a bankers daughter! HA!HA!

I am just trying to help expose some of the built in DEFECTS!!

Hi,

Yes, I did click on them and about 9 out of 10 are out of focus. Looked at 'em with both pairs of glasses and even tried to improve resolution with PhotoEditor. If I could have improved them I was going to edit your article and substitute the improved photos for those. No luck - too out of focus.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but do you wear glasses and did you remove them to focus your camera? My Dad is a little bit vain and doesn't wear his glasses unless he has to read something. Even then, he tries to do it without anyone noticing that he's put them on. He took a bunch of pictures one time that he was real proud of but every one of them was out of focus and he didn't realize it until I pointed it out to him.

OT - OF!!!

M.

No Mike maybe I should!!! Thanks for your effort mike. If I new how Scott I would!

Try these! http://www.badstucco.com/Leaks101_files/frame.htm

Thanks Carl

ps I have a buddy that does everything on the website for me!!!! He messes with me all the time in one way or another! Lucky me!

Maybe while I am off work letting my shoulder heal up I should go to school for computers/photography!