Best looking Studebaker ever !

hausdok

Hey all,

I've been following a discussion over on the Studebaker Driver's Club forum started by a guy whose planning to build a Studebaker that Studebaker never built - a '53 Studebaker Roadster. The '53 Loewy coupe has long been acknowledged as one of the prettiest automobiles ever designed but, to my eyes, this guy's CGI rendering of his roadster-to-be is friggin' off the hook! What do you guys think?

20131121232518_1953roadster.jpg

Picture #1 - The Loewy Coupe

2013112204623_53Stude.jpg

Picture #2 - A couple of Raymond Loewy suggested roadster studies that the Studebaker B.O.D. never approved. They did build the car in the background - in clay. The clay model disappeared.

2013112204843_loewy.jpg"]

I personally think the guy's CGI design at the top of the page beats them all.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

This is a rendering along the same lines done by Steve Stanford.

2013112224551_Stanfordsspeedster.jpg

I be keeping my Packard Hawk all original and doing my best to make her look like she looked the day she rolled off the showroom floor; but I've been thinking about building a daily driver in the future - maybe a '53 roadster like this on an Art Morrison chassis powered by a Toyota Century V12 engine with an 8 speed transmission.

https://www.inspectorsjournal.com/forum ... edster.jpg

.........beautiful car - hope his plan comes to fruition. Waaaay back, the retailer that I worked for was connected with Associated Dry Goods, who used Loewy's firm for all new-store design work. While clerking a new build, I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Loewy while attending a project meeting in the City.......Greg.

I be keeping my Packard Hawk all original and doing my best to make her look like she looked the day she rolled off the showroom floor; but I've been thinking about building a daily driver in the future - maybe a '53 roadster like this on an Art Morrison chassis powered by a Toyota Century V12 engine with an 8 speed transmission.

That thing will go just fine with a modern V-6 and a 5-speed stick. Why add weight to the nose with a bunch of gas-guzzling cylinders?

That thing will go just fine with a modern V-6 and a 5-speed stick. Why add weight to the nose with a bunch of gas-guzzling cylinders?

'Cuz I wanna be the first one to shorehorn a twin-turbo Toyota V12 into an American car. That's why! [:-dopey]

My wife came into my office today for the first time in about a week and saw the black roadster on the screen (It's now my desktop background).

"Oh, so nice! Is that going to be what your car looks like when it gets done?" I explained that it was not and showed her a picture of the P.H..

She looked at the screen and said, "I like that one a lot better." I said jokingly, "How about if, when I get the P.H. done, I build you one like that?"

She broke into a big grin and said, "Really? Cool! Hurry up and finish your car."

I was astounded. She bugged me for years to buy her a beemer. I resisted for decades but finally relented. Now that she's got one and has seen that photo she wants a '53 roadster.

I can't win for losin'.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike