Need ceiling closed up?

Denray

Hey Denray,

I'm having a hard time figuring out the orientation of the second picture and I'm not too sure what you are asking.

Are you asking if the missing drywall on the frame is acceptable? If so, I would probably just mention it in the report as missing or unfinished.

Sorry if I misunderstood your question.

Yep, just looking up from the furnace/WH closet at the ceiling that goes straight up to the top of the second floor. It is no different than a stairwell it would seem with a furnace vent going up through it. No draft stops on stairways, but isn't there supposed to be on furnace vent chases?

Yep, just looking up from the furnace/WH closet at the ceiling that goes straight up to the top of the second floor. It is no different than a stairwell it would seem with a furnace vent going up through it. No draft stops on stairways, but isn't there supposed to be on furnace vent chases?

I still don't quite understand what I'm seeing in the second picture. Which way is up? What are the two tubes that I see?

Fire blocking is required in *concealed spaces* between floors, but this doesn't seem to be a concealed space. It's also required at "openings" around vents at each floor level. But this doesn't seem to be an opening, so much as a chase? What's with the missing drywall? Does it only expose the space between the framing or does it lead to other concealed space? Is there fire blocking at the top of the second floor?