Sign in to follow this  
John Kogel

Termites

This house has been vacant for 4 yrs. and the tubes are on the exposed drywall at about half the house. Someone cleaned up some funky stuff on the carpet and walls. Is this some kind of termite nest residue?

Click to Enlarge
tn_2015925212045_050term.jpg

50.14 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_2015925212138_051term.jpg

44.88 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_2015925212224_069term.jpg

22.98 KB

1) Too small in diam for termys, IMO.

2) They wouldn't waste time on drywall in daylight when there's dark wood behind that drywall. They're not brainless that way.

But I can't tell you what that is.

I suspect that the residue is where there used to be an object, which got moved. The termites had filled the space between the object and the wall or floor and when the object was moved, the tunnel material was left behind in a heap.

What you see on the carpet can happen when there is a cardboard box or something else there that they were eating.

I think the gray tubes relate to what they are eating. Cardboard/paper versus wood.

What you see on the carpet can happen when there is a cardboard box or something else there that they were eating.

I think the gray tubes relate to what they are eating. Cardboard/paper versus wood.

Mystery solved, thanks.