Daikin discussion

Les

They are relatively new to our market area. I have read most of the stuff on the web, including reviews. What do you, as inspectors, think abt their product line. Also has there been a positive effect from their ownership of Goodman?

Just looking to discuss, not necessarily endorse or dis-credit them.

We see a fair number of mini split systems here, especially in new construction. Some homes use mini splits exclusively. The most common brands are Daikin, Mitsubishi, and Panasonic.

We just had a Daikin single zone system installed at our house this past summer, we love it. As far as I can tell, the build quality is quite good.

They are relatively new to our market area. I have read most of the stuff on the web, including reviews. What do you, as inspectors, think abt their product line. Also has there been a positive effect from their ownership of Goodman?

Just looking to discuss, not necessarily endorse or dis-credit them.

Trent, Ken, & I see them often because they're well suited to the Pacific Northwest. I'm not so sure that they're well suited to the frigid upper midwest.

They are gaining popularity here in formerly snowy WNY. I don't like them. The equipment cost is too high and we still need another heat source.

To adequately cover my small house I would need two multi zone condensors and five indoor units. That's 7 grand in parts not counting linesets and controls. I'd need to keep my boiler for at least 3 months out of the year, and my electric bill would skyrocket.

My neighbor has a Mitsubishi single zone for cooling. A tech is there at least 3 times a year and he still puts a window units in on the second floor of his cape.

They were installed in the offices on the last school I did 2 years ago.

Start-up and trouble shooting was a big problem. There were some internal control problems that took a long time to get parts from the factory.

After the initial start-up difficulty, they seemed to be working fine; no call backs from the school.