Shaw Sinks

Jim Katen

Shaw fireclay kitchen sinks are very popular around here, especially the farmhouse style. I've always liked their products, which seemed to be of high quality. 

Lately, though, I'm seeing one after another with extensive chipping and crazing of the finish. On some of the crazed ones, stains have worked their way under the glaze and look like bruises. Last week, I saw one sink with over 70 small chips in the bottom and another with over a dozen. 

Is anyone else seeing this? Has Shaw, perhaps, had a run of bad sinks? 

Shaw Sink Chips (1).JPG

Shaw Sink Chips (2).JPG

Shaw Sink Chips (3).JPG

On 6/19/2021 at 5:48 PM, Jim Katen said:

Shaw fireclay kitchen sinks are very popular around here, especially the farmhouse style. I've always liked their products, which seemed to be of high quality. 

Lately, though, I'm seeing one after another with extensive chipping and crazing of the finish. On some of the crazed ones, stains have worked their way under the glaze and look like bruises. Last week, I saw one sink with over 70 small chips in the bottom and another with over a dozen. 

Is anyone else seeing this? Has Shaw, perhaps, had a run of bad sinks? 

Shaw Sink Chips (1).JPG

Shaw Sink Chips (2).JPG

They also produce rather good bathtubes

This is weird and must be a defect and like single case, because the company is rather reliable.