Online inspector courses

Hello, everyone, I'm new to the forum, I'm excited to get started on being a home inspector in California. At the moment I'm looking for a well known and respected  certification course I can do online.

Edited by Glynn
Grammar

1 hour ago, Les said:

will you be doing "abroad" inspections?   just sayin'

Marc stated what most seasoned inspectors would tell you.  I think you may have missed the point

Maybe I should clarify more. I have been living abroad for the past 8 years, but in a years time I’ll be coming back to the states. I’ve decided to pursue a career as a home inspector and would therefore like to start preparing as much as I can for my new career as early as possible.

1 hour ago, Glynn said:

Maybe I should clarify more. I have been living abroad for the past 8 years, but in a years time I’ll be coming back to the states. I’ve decided to pursue a career as a home inspector and would therefore like to start preparing as much as I can for my new career as early as possible.

Since time is on your side, forget the online courses. I'd invest in a set of NHIE preparatory manuals. Skip the sections that apply to climates that you won't be going back to. Read everything else at least a couple times, until you feel fluent in it. Take your time, just read, read, read. I can see no better investment. You'll know much more that any online course can teach you, for less money.

If I could gain the interest of an Association in an educational standard, the NHIE preparatory manuals would be the starting point. It would be a live document, meaning that it be continuously subjected to refinement and expansion, with the changes enacted on an annual basis.

Edited by Marc

9 hours ago, Les said:

will you be doing "abroad" inspections?   just sayin'

Marc stated what most seasoned inspectors would tell you.  I think you may have missed the point

6 hours ago, Marc said:

Since time is on your side, forget the online courses. I'd invest in a set of NHIE preparatory manuals. Skip the sections that apply to climates that you won't be going back to. Read everything else at least a couple times, until you feel fluent in it. Take your time, just read, read, read. I can see no better investment. You'll know much more that any online course can teach you, for less money.

If I could gain the interest of an Association in an educational standard, the NHIE preparatory manuals would be the starting point. It would be a live document, meaning that it be continuously subjected to refinement and expansion, with the changes enacted on an annual basis.

That’s an amazing suggestion. I much appreciate you taking the time to reply. I home it’s fine if I inquire with you on some other topics in the future. 
Thank you, Marc