Best Place for Office Supplies?

Steve M

I couldn't find a better place to ask this question...

Is there a better place for purchasing office supplies and equipment other than Office Depot, OfficeMax (now office depot?), and Staples? I used to love these places but they have changed, for the worse, and I'm sick and tired of spending my money with places that I don't view as good solid American First companies.

This quarter I'm looking at purchasing a new simple desk (my roll-top just isn't a good fit anymore), an HP Color Laserjet Multi-Function Printer (no wireless) - I will be offering color printed reports in addition to downloadable PDFs (for a fee of course - and I've already provided 2 with an inkjet - and I'm only just getting started), and a micro crosscut shredder that can handle cds, staples, c-cards, etc.

I look forward to interesting positive resources as well as an interesting discussion...

Edited by Steve M

I am out of the business now, but found Staples to be the best business decision.  I bought everything online and did go to the store to look at something before purchase 'tho.

I know I am sounding like an "old man" but I finally had to let the numbers do the talking.  I was ok until we got to several inspectors and a bigger office.  I never did business from home, nights or weekends.  It worked for me but maybe not for everyone. 

I really like your hard copy idea.  I think there is a niche market for it.  Good Luck!

• Like 1

On 1/30/2023 at 10:51 AM, Steve M said:

I couldn't find a better place to ask this question...

Is there a better place for purchasing office supplies and equipment other than Office Depot, OfficeMax (now office depot?), and Staples? I used to love these places but they have changed, for the worse, and I'm sick and tired of spending my money with places that I don't view as good solid American First companies.

This quarter I'm looking at purchasing a new simple desk (my roll-top just isn't a good fit anymore), an HP Color Laserjet Multi-Function Printer (no wireless) - I will be offering color printed reports in addition to downloadable PDFs (for a fee of course - and I've already provided 2 with an inkjet - and I'm only just getting started), and a micro crosscut shredder that can handle cds, staples, c-cards, etc.

I look forward to interesting positive resources as well as an interesting discussion...

I strive as hard as I can to buy stuff locally - from people in my town, the surrounding towns or, if I can't find it there, then from within my state. If I can find a thing that's made in the USA, great, but if not, I'd rather buy foreign-made goods from my neighbors than from some far-flung corporate giant. I don't *not* buy from Amazon, but I avoid it when I can. 

You certainly have a local furniture store that can sell you a desk. That said, you're out of luck with the printer and shredder - you can buy directly from HP, but you're not going to be able to buy them without enriching some corporate giant. 

I'm curious about your idea of providing paper reports. Is this something that people actually want? 

On 2/4/2023 at 12:27 AM, Jim Katen said:

I'm curious about your idea of providing paper reports. Is this something that people actually want? 

Yes. But maybe it's because I live/operate in a mostly rural area. Younger buyers, however, are less likely to pay for a hard-copy color report.