How much does a building inspection cost?

jonny_drone

How do you price your inspection services? I just got my 107 to fly a drone commercially and want to get into inspections. I heard they are where the money is. I found this blog post that has drone inspection calculators. Are they pretty accurate or do you guys charge more?

Edited by Les
link removed

About the only part of a home you can inspect with a drone is the roof, and even then the drone does not enable you to do a complete and thorough inspection of the roof. Can your mechanic look at the roof of your car and tell you what condition the whole car is in? Take the drone and do something else with it. There are already too many shylocks in the home inspection business.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hausdok said:

About the only part of a home you can inspect with a drone is the roof, and even then the drone does not enable you to do a complete and thorough inspection of the roof. 

One of the few times I've used a drone was to fly into interior of a church steeple belfry.  The access from inside was permanently sealed and it was about 90+ feet from grade.

Ima gonna invent a drone that can remove the screws and covers from electric panel boxes and pry open crawlspace hatches.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Bill Kibbel said:

One of the few times I've used a drone was to fly into interior of a church steeple belfry.  The access from inside was permanently sealed and it was about 90+ feet from grade.

A steeple would have been right up my alley. We used to build 90ft. A.O. Smith Harvestores and my dad would send me up on a bosun's chair to soap test the things. He might have been trying to get rid of me, since it was a simple swing with a board seat, no safety rigging, and he'd send me up even when it was windy.

we poured slip form concrete silos.  80' was the tallest.  couple decades later it toppled!  Five foot per day.  Grease the form, three guys to lift and collect your pay!.  

My all time most unusual inspection was a pipe organ;  you could walk around in it!  Did a steeple just once on the inside.

two water towers, a 100' car elevator, etc. 

I had a drone.  Never got comfortable with it tho.

• Like 1