siding installation/banding

Robert Jones

Hello everyone. This is a new construction townhome. My concern is how the banding is applied between the 2 panels. This is LP and it appears to me that the banding/flashing was installed incorrectly, the bottom panel is sticking out creating a nice platform for water to sit on. Am I over thinking on this one or am I justified in calling for repairs?

thanks.

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif DSC_0006 (Small).JPG

43.98 KB

Hi,

L-P says that you have to leave about 3/16 to 1/4 inch between the upper and lower panel, slope that Z-flashing so that it will drain and do not caulk the drip to the flashings. Does anyone do it? Nope, I haven't seen it done right even once. You're right, the bowing panel is only capturing water.

were the windows installed in the rough opening and then the siding installed around them or were they nailed directly to the siding. If that latter, what's he done to keep water from getting in around the nailing fin behind that trim?

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Mike,

Thanks for the reply. The windows were roughed in, probably my picture angle making things look kinda strange. I am gonna call for that z flashing to be repaired, it goes across the back side like that in different spots. I am real cautious when it comes to LP anything. I see your up here in the great NW and you know how LP goes over on these homes.

Thanks again for the reply.

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif siding installation 2.JPG

43.1 KB