Another First. I LOVE THIS JOB!

Well, I was done with my 9:00 AM inspection by 9:20 AM! Tenants in the home had not paid the gas bill and the meter was locked. I went to the kitchen to tell the agent and buyer that the gas was off and I turned on the kitchen sink, the water was off! So as I'm telling everyone that we need to reschedule the inspection, the lights go out! Yep, the power company pulled the meter for non-payment! The funny thing is that the home was being rented by the agents brother! Talken bout dog cussing, I thought the agent had Tourettes syndrome.

Originally posted by Scottpat

Talken bout dog cussing, I thought the agent had Tourettes syndrome.

Please explain "Talken bout dog cussing."

I've never heard that one before. Is it a Quaint Southern Phrase? (QSP)

Last week, I had a seller who was some sort of well-known opera singer. (I have a passing familiarity with opera but I'd never heard of her.) She had a full-size grand piano in her living room. There was no room for other furniture and, given my size, I couldn't even walk around the thing. She belted out an aria from Aida, which was fine, then started in on the Queen of the Night's solo from the Magic Flute.

I had to ask her to stop. I told her that I simply couldn't concentrate because her singing was so beautiful it was distracting me. The truth was I was afraid she'd shatter the windows.

I like opera now & then, but sopranos give me the willies.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

I had a piano duet once. House owned by the women who "brushes up" the pianist(s) for the Chicago Symphony, and teaches highly advanced youngsters on the side. Coupla Steinway Grands in the FR, w/a big vaulted ceiling and balcony overlook from the 2nd fl. IOW, the room could handle the sound.

One of her Asian prodigies was there during the inspection, and the pair of them went through Mozart's 21st Piano Concerto (one of the most perfect pieces of music ever penned); they played the 3rd movement 3 times.

Nothing like it before or since....

Originally posted by Jim Katen

Please explain "Talken bout dog cussing."

I've never heard that one before. Is it a Quaint Southern Phrase? (QSP)

"Dog cussing" is the kind of super-vulgar, unrestrained cussing fit one would normally reserve only for a dog (in theory). [:-gnasher

Brian G.

Speaking From Experience, Coming & Going [:-doggy]

Oh, yeah, Kurt!

That reminds me. About probably six years ago I was doing an inspection down in the "fan district" (downtown rowhouse district) and a couple of guys from the Richmond Symphony were practicing. (Cello and violin) I didn't recognize anything they played, but it was grand, as well.

And, get this. Bcck in my Design/Build Construction days in Middleburg, VA we worked for a mega-rich old man. He sold the last farm within Washington, DC for 93 Mil. He bought a little rancher and added a music room onto it that was as fancy and ornate as a small stone European Cathedral complete with a built in pipe organ and a man living on the premisis to play it for him. We worked to Bach almost daily.

You just never know what a day holds. Some days you even get the cherry on top. [8D]

Scott and Brian, Zig Ziglar calls that a "Cat Kickin' Day"