Inspection reports in Spanish

Originally posted by solucion

Does anyone know of any software provider whose product has the capability of reporting in Spanish?

If you're bilingual, why not just take a reporting system that you like and re-write the boilerplate in Spanish?

I wouldn't want to use boilerplate that was written by someone else whether it was Spanish or English.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Originally posted by Jim Katen

Does anyone know of any software provider whose product has the capability of reporting in Spanish?

If you're bilingual, why not just take a reporting system that you like and re-write the boilerplate in Spanish?

I wouldn't want to use boilerplate that was written by someone else whether it was Spanish or English.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

I think it would be somewhat time consumming to rewrite in Spanish...

Roni,

It is considerably time consuming for me to write my reports in English.

I don't have so much of a template as a format. I just pull up a recent, similar house that I have described, rename and "edit" that report. My "boilerplate" is often not much more than structural formatting.

Originally posted by Jim Katen

- Jim Katen, Oregon

I think it would be somewhat time consumming to rewrite in Spanish...

My point is that, without putting too fine a point on it, all the boilerplate that comes with home inspection software *needs* to be re-written by the person who'll be using it.

You're better off re-writing it in your voice. Spanish or English doesn't matter.

When someone comes to my house for dinner, I don't serve them Campbell's soup.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

• 3 weeks later...

I've used the matrix software from ITA FOR 12 YEARS AND BUILT 2 SUCCESSFUL oops businesses with it, the new software addresses the space shortcomings, and seems to be the next generation of whats available, check it out, inspectnow seems to answer all my concerns,

• 2 months later...

InspectVue was considering a translated boilerplate version but decided that there was too much liability... an inspector needs to know exactly what he's telling his clients in his own report. They're now working on a Spanish language version, but it's all Spanish, you need to know Spanish to use it.

There's a lot of liability in limited communication with your client.