Looking for age of Janitrol furnace

drw

Originally posted by drw

I am looking for the approximate age of a Janitrol furnace, model #20-125-3, serial #2470 3. Can any of you help?

Thanks

Like Donald, I'd say 1970, but I have a hard time believing that a Janitrol furnace would have lasted that long.

Is this furnace in a junkyard?

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Originally posted by Jim Katen

I have a hard time believing that a Janitrol furnace would have lasted that long.

Is this furnace in a junkyard?

- Jim Katen, Oregon

My first thought was "1970", then I saw that it was a Janitrol and had to double check with Prestons. That model was made from 1965 to 1970.

I guess stranger things happened other than a Janitrol lasting 36 years.

Bring on the Leprechauns and Flying Pigs!

My 1971 mo-bile home is still heated and cooled by the original units (Evans). I hope to replace them by this time next year, even though they work fine. I'm sure a new system would save the kids some money and do a better job.

Brian G.

All It Takes Is Money [:-indiffe

Yes it was a Janitrol and yes it was still working. There was some surface rust inside the heat exchanger, but no evidence of cracks or holes. I wrote it up as functional, but near the end of its life. Thanks for the help with the age.

• 13 years later...

My daughter is looking at a house with a Janitrol MN 20-100 SN 0365-2 the home inspection stated 55 years old. I've been trying to find a date but everything states 1st 2 digits are year and second are week but that doesn't work lol. She is having a new unit installed but would still like to confirm year of unit. Thanks in advance.

• 6 months later...
On 2/14/2020 at 7:59 PM, Reaper 7 said:

My daughter is looking at a house with a Janitrol MN 20-100 SN 0365-2 the home inspection stated 55 years old. I've been trying to find a date but everything states 1st 2 digits are year and second are week but that doesn't work lol. She is having a new unit installed but would still like to confirm year of unit. Thanks in advance.

Picture?