"Foundation electrical"

Reality

I did a draw inspection today. The report said to inspect: clearing/grading, foundation, foundation plumbing, and foundation electrical. I took pictures of the slab and saw plenty of plumbing, but I don't know what "foundation electrical" is. The inspection report asks for percentage completed. Should I say that "no percentage is completed for foundation electrical?"

Please define: "Draw Inspection" for me.

The "foundation electrical" may have been calling for an inspection of the electrode in the footing that will be part of the GES to which the GEC will be connected. If so, that is usually an inspection that is made by the local inspector.

Does your SOP list this for a HI to inspect and note?

Originally posted by Joe Tedesco

Please define: "Draw Inspection" for me.

The "foundation electrical" may have been calling for an inspection of the electrode in the footing that will be part of the GES to which the GEC will be connected. If so, that is usually an inspection that is made by the local inspector.

Does your SOP list this for a HI to inspect and note?

Joe, a draw inspection is different from a home inspection. In this case, Reality is working for a bank instead of a buyer or a builder. The bank has hired him to ensure that the building has reached a certain stage of construction before they'll give the builder the next "draw" or chunk of money.

Since their form has a checkbox for "foundation electrical" and he doesn't see anything electrical going on, he's wondering what they want.

I think Brandon Chew answered this question very well on the Open Discussion Forum thread where this question was duplicated. He should look for the Ufer, the laterals and any conduit.

If the bank has funds specifically earmarked for underslab electrical and there isn't any, then I'd be asking some serious questions. Perhaps someone padded something somewhere.

- Jim Katen, Oregon