Any feedback on "Intellegent Reporter" software?

Thanks guys. On his web site he mentions that something cannot be transferred to newer software versions when updates occur. How difficult is it to re-enter whatever this is that can't be transferred?

From his site:

"The bad news is there is no way to save your lists of dialog box items..."

Originally posted by CheckItOut

Thanks guys. On his web site he mentions that something cannot be transferred to newer software versions when updates occur. How difficult is it to re-enter whatever this is that can't be transferred?

From his site:

"The bad news is there is no way to save your lists of dialog box items..."

If you/he mean the drop down lists where one, for example, chooses a 3 0 - 40 - 50 - 75 gallon water heater to fill-in (the "IRBOXES.INI") , I actually think there is, as I copy off my one computer and move to my laptop every now & then. I simpy open them up as if I was going to edit then, copy and paste to a notepad, then move them via a CD or a usb memory stick. I have to change fonts to match (they change for some reason), then I open up the ones on the laptop, and then delete them and paste the new ones and save the changes. I keep backup copies, too, just in case.

Many commercial reporting software programs might not work very well for use in Texas with all its rules and regulations.

Other inspectors may find the commercial programs perform it meet their needs, but each inspector needs can vary dramatically. Regional considerations are also an issue. For example, no boilerplate is needed for basements because they are exceptionally rare and because they would soon flood. Foundations types too vary from one area to another. Easy modification of the boilerplate is essential to reflect those differences.