Gas logs fireplace above tub

Todays inspection. In the wall between the master bedroom and the bathroom is a see through fireplace with gas logs.

This is mounted above the whirlpool tub. There is no glass doors installed.

Could not fine any paper work on the fireplace.

I would like some input from you if this is right or wrong.

I will be doing some web searching as I and doing my report.

Thank for the info

Hi,

I see them all the time, but I can't remember ever seeing one without glass sides. They usually have a temperature-activated flue damper that doesn't open for a few minutes, so they generate a little bit of CO when they're first fired up. Once the damper heats up and opens, they're fine.

OT - OF!!!

M.

Hi,

Okay, I think you're missing some components. I just blew one of those photos way up and toyed around with the brightness and contrast to get it clearer and it doesn't look right. In that last photo, those metal pieces at either side only extend part of the way from top to bottom. There's also a small projection at the bottom center. I think that there's a valance with glass that's supposed to cover those side pieces and that little thingy at the bottom activates a microswitch that's supposed to shut the thing down if the glass isn't in place.

Could be wrong - have been before - but this one doesn't look right. Did you look in the cavity below it for any paperwork or the instruction plate. If the instruction plate is there, it might have a precaution on it that says something like, "Caution: Do not operate this fireplace without the glass in place," or some such. Go down to your local gas fireplace dealer and show them the photos and have them look it up. There's one here locally, and their service desk has an amazing array of books and manuals on these things.

OT - OF!!!

M.