MLS Access

As far as I know, full access to the the MLS is restricted to appraisers and Realtors. Some listings provided by Realtors may be available on sites like Yahoo Real Estate. etc. My area MLS has a strip down version available to the public which is accessible from the local Realtors association website.

In central Indiana, where the Metropolitan Indianapolis Board of Realtors (MIBOR) has jurisdiction, only agents/brokers and appraisers have access to the full MLS. They do have a scaled down version available to anyone, but it is of no help if the realtor pulls the listing as soon as he/she has an accepted offer. I am an affiliate member of Mibor and for ~$225.00/year I have the card for the electronic locks and the listing agents and/or showing service feels comfortable with giving me the combo. I wish that I did have at least limited access to the full MLS (Property Linx) here because I can get a picture of what I will be inspecting and at least see some minimal information about the property. Plus I would have all of the listing agents information and wouldn't have to call the buyer's agent to get it.

I could not agree more as every time I ask a client to have the agent send me a copy of the listing for advance research the first words out of their mouth is just get it off the MLS to which I always reply I do not have access.Hate having to feel like a begger.