Insurance liability Inspection

I have been contacted by a insurance property/loss control inspection firm. They arrange inspections for insurance companies. I have had these done for rental property that I own, and there not as extensive as a typical home inspection. Its about a one hour process. Insurance companies need these to justify the property coverage value. My question is: the Independent contractor agreement has a non-solicitation clause for a period of one year if you terminate the contract. Does this keep me from soliciting business for my home inspection business during the agreement and if we terminate, does it stop me from soliciting for my home inspection business. It seems like a good way to fill in business during the lean times.

I'm not sure about the no-solicit clause, I don't have one. I do a lot of insurance inspections - lately the bulk of my business. Common sense and professionalism keeps me from playing salesman while doing insurance inspections. If the homeowner asks, I hand them a business card but thats about as far as I'll go. The insurance end of my business is way to valuable to jeopardize by looking for "full inspections".

-Brad

I wouldn't be soliciting for business while working with the insurance company. My question is can I still run my business separately while working for the insurance company. I dont plan on combining them as one but separate. I dont want to have a soliciting question come up