The future is now

I think I have touched the future.

I sent out my first reports from the site yesterday, via .pdf attachment in an email. AT&T Wireless Mobile Internet service has arrived in the Big Dirty, & its not bad (so far).

There is a promotion going on for the $250 GC82 PC Card Modem; sign up for a 2 year plan, get the modem for free. I bit, because there is a no questions asked 30 day money back guarantee. Downside is $80 per month, but a bargain if it continues to work.

You should have seen the look on my customers face when they asked "when do we get the report?". I told them it was already in their Inbox.

Not to mention, mobile internet access w/ my Tablet. Yow....

http://www.attwireless.com/speed/

Kurt Mitenbuler

Chicago; workin' the inner City

I'm not sure I follow you Kurt.

You compiled the report onsite and emailed it from the site. Okay, why couldn't you have just printed it out?

Am I missing something?

I love new technology, however new technology doesn't alway like me. [:-banghead]

Donald

Originally posted by Donald Lawson

I'm not sure I follow you Kurt.

You compiled the report onsite and emailed it from the site. Okay, why couldn't you have just printed it out?

Am I missing something?

I love new technology, however new technology doesn't alway like me. [:-banghead]

Donald

Donald, Donald, Donald..... Yes, you are missing something.

Let's see..... Haul around a printer, take time, ink, paper, for one copy.

Email from the site..... no equipment, no time, no ink, no paper, copies to attornies, customers, & anyone else that needs it. Instantaneously.

You don't get that?

It's not exactly revelatory that wireless service sucks. Everywhere. But everyone uses it, & somehow we all make it work.

So far, the wireless internet is working for me. That's because I took the (free) opportunity to try something new, & found that it is working. Quite adequately.

Or, you can use the Treo phone, hookup to the computer, & go wireless internet that way. My good friend, Brother Jowers, uses his Treo 600 phone w/PDAnet software & Sprint access, & hooks up to the internet w/ no extra charge. He's having good success in Nashville.

They can't tamper with a PDF either, big +.

This is no longer true.

I spent $50 at Staples to buy a PDF converter program. It turns any PDF into a Word .doc

I can make all the changes I want.

I bought the program so that I could convert manufactures installation instructions to Word and copy and past the whole page needed to the end of my reports as a reference. Instead of saying you can go to this site and look at page 45 of 72, I just attach page 45 to the end of the report.

P.S I did not minor in IT but I can spot a master as BS.[:D]

Originally posted by hausdok

To crack a pdf doc, put the little hand on the screen, hit control + A to capture all of it, hit control + C to copy it and then paste it into notepad as a text document. Do whatever you want and then save it as a word document or you can even convert it back to a changed pdf.

It's been working for me.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Hmm, wasn't aware of that.

I guess you could still tell from date/byte size? I guess you could change the date and time on you computer and save.

There should be a way to tell if has been tampered with no?

Mike

Pdf's are easily changed, but most people don't know that, so it helps. It does take some dinking around to change them, unlike a Word file, which is simple.

They are still relatively hard to attach a virus to, which is one of the big plusses. I suppose the hacks will figure that out soon.

There are all manner of security methods to indicate when someone has tampered w/ the .pdf, but I haven't taken the time to figure them out.

I have a long background in IT, and realize the limitations of a wireless system. The "new" wireless systems make all the difference in the (wireless) world where you are when you try to connect, a podunk little town or "Frisco" will determine your sucesss.

We're up to "G" in the wireless area now and the "old" information no longer is valid.

Don't swim with Piranha

Ron

Originally posted by hausdok

To crack a pdf doc, put the little hand on the screen, hit control + A to capture all of it, hit control + C to copy it and then paste it into notepad as a text document. Do whatever you want and then save it as a word document or you can even convert it back to a changed pdf.

It's been working for me.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Mike:

Try to do that with the file I have uploaded. I try those keystokes and I still can't copy it. Let me know if you can.

Download Attachment: icon_adobe.gif Squash block.pdf

80.73 KB

Hi All,

I just got home and tried it and the gentlemen are right it didn't work. Most of the time it does. Not being a computer-friendly guy, I guess I was just lucky and was getting away with it 'cuz I didn't know any better. Go figure.

OT - OF!!!

M.