Interesting New PBS Series

Brian G

I was catching up on my reading in the June issue of Fine Homebuilding when I ran across a short article about a new series starting this month on PBS. It's called "Energy Wise Healthy Home". It's 26 episodes following the construction of a 7,000 sq. ft. house designed to be able to run on $200 a month in utilities and is enviromentally friendly. According to the host / builder they will use materials and technologies "available to everyone" (everyone who can afford a 7,000 sq. ft. house, or everyone?). It will supposedly air sometime on Saturday afternoons. Has anyone seen it? Sounds like it might be worthwhile, who knows.

Brian G.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I found the website for the show, but apparently it (the show) isn't cranking yet. Wandering around the list of suppliers and thier websites, I think I might be right about how "available" some of the planned technology might be. Click on "Suppliers" and go to the bottom of the list. The "Wellness Filter" for water sounds like a lovely item, but the kitchen counter-top model goes for $980. No price on the whole house model... I suspect it might be out of my "available" range.

www.ewhh.com

Brian G.

I attributed the difference in Brian's appearance to the rapid weight loss resulting from his recent stomach stapling procedure. I'd just like to say publicly that I'm proud of Brian for admitting he has no control over himself and finally DOING something about it. Way to go Brian!!

Actually, the box beneath our young friend's photo in the first post is cream colored, the box in the second post is white. The contrast may trick you into thinking his skin tone is different, but if you can bear another look, you'll see its the same.

Enjoy the holiday lads,

Jimmy

Konrad,

The only thing tan on me is the back of the lower half of my arms. If I stepped onto a beach on a sunny day wearing only a bathing suit, I would be liable for the vision damage of all present due to blinding white skin. I'm fine with that, tan is BS.

Chad,

You are wise beyond your years.

Originally posted by Jim Morrison

I attributed the difference in Brian's appearance to the rapid weight loss resulting from his recent stomach stapling procedure. I'd just like to say publicly that I'm proud of Brian for admitting he has no control over himself and finally DOING something about it. Way to go Brian!!

Thank you Jim,

But it's nothing compared to the guts it must've taken for you to finally own-up and get those penis implants put in. In HI-speak, I hope "the units are functional and perform as intended" when the swelling goes down. Good luck buddy!!! [:-clover] [:-mischievous]

Brian G.

Maybe It Would Help If the Swelling Didn't Go Down [:o][:D][:o][:-dev3][:o][:-indifferent]