Newly Revised I-Joist Pubs Available From APA

hausdok

Two free and newly revised documents from APA, The Engineered Wood Association, should prove to be very useful to inspectors and are available as free downloads on the APA website.

The first is APA Form Z725 - APA Design Guide, Performance Rated I-Joists. Updated this month, this 25 page publication offers information on using I-joists to provide a high-performance alternative to dimension lumber joists for residential floor applications and it includes information on span ratings, installation details, cantilever designs, architectural specifications and engineering design properties.

The second is APA Form A750 - Builder Tips: Blocking for I-joist Floor Systems. This 2 page bulletin explains why I-joists benefit from being installed with blocking, blocking material composition, and installation details and code requirements.

To download these, click on the hot linked text above. If you are not already an APA site member, you'll be required to register before the site will allow you to access and download the documents. Go ahead and register; it's free, it takes about two minutes of your time, and APA never spams you or releases your information to anyone. While you're on the site, take some time to explore the myriad of other resources the APA has available; it's truly one of the more valuable online resources for home inspectors.