Affidavit of Fixture???

I think that it is called an Affidavit of Affixture. This has to do with it being considered "Real Property". They want to know if it is attached to a sewer, the wheels have been removed, etc. They want to make sure that it is now a permanent fixture and can't be pulled away in a few minutes to an new address. Check with the lender for the proper form. Not a big deal, I did one a few years ago. I charged for my time, it took less than thirty minutes to look and the house and fill out the form.

Originally posted by Donald Lawson

Scott, actually the lender has no clue either. So far from what I researched it's a legal document stating what you explained.

I also think you're correct about the "afixture".

Donald

If the lender has no idea then I would say that they (the lender) needs to do some research and get you the needed form or they are SOL![:-banghead]

Hi,

I did a google search on "affadavit of fixture" and got one hit - a mobile home real estate ad from Arizona. I did one on "Affadavit of afixture" and got over 900 hits and lots of docs pertaining to lender guidelines requiring such an affadavit when lending against a new manufactured home. Go over to google and poke around. I'm sure if you take a little time you'll find what you're looking for. It would probably be simpler to just call the lending institution and ask them to fax you a copy of an affadavit from a previous transaction with the personal information blacked out. Why not call your own lender and talk to your loan officer about it?

OT - OF!!!

M.