Close...call

BADAIR

This was just posted on another mb from a fellow inspector...

"I had my first (and hopefully last) "incident" today.

Was in the garage with the door down trying to access an attic scuttle when.... the husband returned home and hit the remote opener.

I started shouting and trying to shove at the door as best I could from 10 feet up, but to no avail. Down I came. Nothing broke except my extend 'n climb. My body is pretty sore and the door railing didn't fair to well either. The ladder scraped their family van on my way down. I don't know if I'll recieve a repair bill from the family. I know I'm going to feel it in the morning as sore as I am tonight."

I suggest unplugging the opener if this is ever encountered...the emergency rope didn't/wouldn't disengage

This was just posted on another mb from a fellow inspector...

"I had my first (and hopefully last) "incident" today.

Was in the garage with the door down trying to access an attic scuttle when.... the husband returned home and hit the remote opener.

I started shouting and trying to shove at the door as best I could from 10 feet up, but to no avail. Down I came. Nothing broke except my extend 'n climb. My body is pretty sore and the door railing didn't fair to well either. The ladder scraped their family van on my way down. I don't know if I'll recieve a repair bill from the family. I know I'm going to feel it in the morning as sore as I am tonight."

I suggest unplugging the opener if this is ever encountered...the emergency rope didn't/wouldn't disengage

Just to be clear, this wasn't you, right? And no one was seriously injured, right? If so, then . . .

That's hysterical. I can just see the poor inspector up there on his pretend ladder, kicking and screaming at the garage door as it moved inexerably toward him. "Back! Back! You fiend!" shove, shove, push, push, Aieeeeeee! Thump.

Too funny.

- Jim in Oregon