For any of you who(m)? don't mind.......

I'd appreciate it if you would start picking on all of my grammatical errors in future posts. If you don't want to thread hijack, which I don't mind anyone doing on my topics, you could cut and paste to this one.

I'm sure some of you read some of the things that I (and others) write, and think "what the" but don't want to correct us due to you not wanting to be thought of as a nit picker, etc. I'm a big boy, and promise that I can handle it.

I don't need any help with spelling, and I pretty much have a photographic memory when it comes to that. My misspellings are probably just due to my fat fingers.

PS: Does anyone else on this forum type faster than your brain can come up with words at times? I often catch my hands automatically typing a word that I wasn't even thinking of at the time. Maybe it's just muscle memory or something like that?.......

Thanks, and I'm sure there are plenty of errors above to start with[:-slaphap

PS-- Some may find this site helpful: http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/

OK......you use too may words, like me. Yes, I like that site a lot.

I'd appreciate it if you would start picking on all of my grammatical errors in future posts. If you don't want to thread hijack, which I don't mind anyone doing on my topics, you could cut and paste to this one.

I'm sure some of you read some of thethings thatI (and others) write, and think "what the", but don't want to correct us due to you not wanting to be thought of as a nit picker, etc. I'm a big boy, and promise that I can handle it.

I don't need any help with spelling. and I pretty much have a photographic memory when it comes to that. My misspellings are probably just due to my fat fingers.

PS: Does anyone else on this forum type faster than your brain can come up with words at times? I often catch my hands automatically typing a word that I wasn't even thinking of at the time. Maybe it's just muscle memory or something like that?.......

Thank you sir. Just so you know, I read through what I had written once, and deleted several words. I'm curious.... with practice, do fewer words come naturally, or do you have to proof read to delete the extra's?

ADDED: Come to think about it, I may have trained myself to use extra words back in school. A certain number of words was required for essays and such.

I'm sure some of you read some of the things that I (and others) write, and think "what the" but don't want to correct us due to you not wanting to be thought of as a nit picker, etc. I'm a big boy, and promise that I can handle it.

I don't need any help with spelling, and I pretty much have a photographic memory when it comes to that. My misspellings are probably just due to my fat fingers.

Since you asked, there's an easy rule for the who/whom thing. Replace who/whom with he/him, and see which one sounds right.

He doesn't mind . . . Him doesn't mind. The sentence should contain "who."

I know what you mean. I'm the king of dangling participles when I'm in a hurry. I sometimes go back and read one of my own posts and think, "Ughhh . . ." There's a certain gentleman who contributes to this forum who sometimes corrects those particular mistakes for me.

He(who) sometimes corrects . . . Him(whom) sometimes corrects.

I KNOW I post some grammatical and spelling (mostly typo) disasters!

Like you, I am a blazing fast typist. Typing was one of the most valuable courses I ever took in college, but 80% of the time I'm typing on a 3" x 1.5" mobile phone screen with my two thumbs. It's no easier trying to proofread on such a little screen viewing a couple lines at a time. Consequently, I'll post something and look at it a few minutes later shaking my head totally ticked at myself promising I won't post so quickly again. [:-banghea Then, I edit and edit.

I need to write it in Word where I can REALLY look it over and then cut and paste it.

That being said, I'm not inclined to critique others on writing, since I live in a very thin glassed house.

I'm curious.... with practice, do fewer words come naturally, or do you have to proof read to delete the extra's?

It's a constant battle. I almost always have to proof them out.

Remember that scene in "A River Runs Through It"? His dad works him to shave out all the unnecessary words.......I have to work at it all the time.