shingle fasteners

John Dirks Jr

Michael, just to be clear, I didn't quite suggest a nuclear exchange, just a civil argument, perhaps a little heated, provided we're both certified code inspectors.

If an AHJ having jurisdiction over a house I just completed a home inspection on wants to argue with me about a finding of mine that he noticed, I may listen, then I'll pretty much then exit the conversation right quick. We speak different languages.

Marc

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marc, I wasn't zeroing in on you at all, brother. Please don't take offense, because none was intended. I was speaking in general terms based upon years of looking back on inspectors in my own area - hardheads that seem to needlessly make every inspection a drama filled experience. Their pride (or possibly insecurity) causes them to be like a bull in a china shop, and if questioned or contradicted things just get worse. Strife never pans out like anyone expects it to.

As usual, Marc, I was being more philosophical, which is my nature. You can pretty much automatically dismiss any notion I'm calling anyone out. There's no need for that. The real value of this atmosphere is reflection, self-examination, education, etc. The very last thing on my mind is being "right" or even needing to be.

Scott Patterson, has a rather heavy saying under his name, "Minds are like parachutes - they work best when open." or something similar. I like that. The truth is, if we have that open mind, which is imperative if we hope to learn much, our idea of what is "right" should be incrementally adjusting constantly, just as it apparently has, for some, throughout the course of this thread. Good stuff...