How I spent my sunny day (or part of)

Cool.....what's lawn darting?

I'm guessin' it's when the plane plummets rapidly to earth and plants like a lawn dart.

That reminds me that I should dig out the old model rockets from my childhood and see if the kids have any interest. It would be fun (for me) making them chase 'em. I usually tape 2 engines together to get them really up there.

Cool.....what's lawn darting?

Nose dive.

It took off great then had a bad pull to the right -I managed to trim it out but as it got behind me I got discombobulated and down she went.

I met an 80 year old chap that was flying as well and he said it was a great flight for the first time. Older folks have a habit of trying to be nice (however out of the corner of my eye though I saw him cringe as it came crashing down).

I just ordered a new wing and cowling.

Nope. They sell em at Walmart. My boy got two estes rockets for Christmas. They were one of the first things he wanted to play with. On the maiden flight he insisted we use the big engine, over 800' altitude, a beautiful chute deployment, then half way to the ground the wind shifted and picked up considerably. A nice near vertical descent became near horizontal, and instead of landing in 10 acres of open field touch down was 25' up in a tree.

Tom